Andrew A. Hitt
Andrew served in Governor Scott Walker’s administration as his deputy legal counsel, senior advisor, and as a member of the governor’s cabinet at the Department of Health Services and Department of Administration. Prior to serving in the Walker administration, he was an assistant district attorney in the Violent Crimes Unit of the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office. After law school, he served as the law clerk to the Honorable Justice Annette K. Ziegler of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Andrew’s Expertise: Health & Science Policy, Sustainable Agriculture, and Economic Development
On the healthcare side, Andrew served as director of operations at a premier senior living services company that provided long-term care to the elderly. Currently a member of the board of directors for the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Andrew is a past board member of the Wisconsin Group Insurance Board and the Wisconsin Health Information Organization.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Senior Counsel, Michael Best & Friedrich (affiliated with Michael Best Strategies)
- Director of Operations, ElderSpan Management
- Commissioner, Wisconsin Juvenile Justice System
- Chairman, Governor Walker’s Judicial Selection Advisory Committee
- Marquette University Law School, Juris Doctor
- George Washington University, Master of Business Administration – Healthcare Emphasis
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Science – Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- 2008 Richland Center High School Outstanding Alumnus of the Year, Class of 1996