J.B. Van Hollen
Former Attorney General Van Hollen leads the Attorneys General Practice at Michael Best Strategies. Van Hollen served two terms as Wisconsin Attorney General. Prior to that, he was U.S. Attorney for Wisconsin’s Western District. Van Hollen served as president of the bipartisan National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) in 2013.
J.B.’s Expertise: Attorney General, Law Enforcement, and Department of Justice
During his tenure as attorney general for Wisconsin, he led the charge to clear the backlog of forensic DNA evidence at the state crime labs. Van Hollen also put a stake in the ground to get sexual predators off the streets and behind bars, as well as educating parents and children about online predators through his work to expand the Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force. Van Hollen works with clients from all industry sectors and businesses across the country.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Juris Doctor
- St. Olaf College, Bachelor of Arts – Economics and Political Science
- Honorary 33rd Degree Mason
- Past Grand Master, Free and Accepted Masons of Wisconsin
- Past Commander in Chief, Accepted Scottish Rite of the Eau Claire, WI Valley
- Retired Board Member, George Washington Masonic National Memorial
- Board Member, Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation
- Member, York Rite Freemasonry
- Member, Order of the Eastern Star
- Member, Scottish Rite of Freemasonry