Prior to joining Michael Best Strategies, Jeff founded Precision Policy Group and served as the company’s president. In this role, he led Precision’s team in political consulting, policy advising, and lobbying. He was first a lobbyist and then a partner with Mendez Steadman & Associates, a political consulting firm in Denver which became Mendez Consulting Inc. when Pat Steadman was appointed to the State Senate in 2009.
Jeff’s Expertise: Healthcare, Child Welfare, Oil & Gas, Hotels & Tourism, Telecom, Booze Law, and Developers
Previously, Jeff worked with the Colorado State Legislature as the legislative aide to the Chair of the Colorado House Education Committee. He began his political career in the legislative arena while residing in Alaska, where he was a legislative aide to two legislators and worked on education, labor, and natural resource committees. He has successfully managed a variety of campaigns, including candidate races, municipal bond initiatives, and defeating statewide ballot measures.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Lobbied in 14 legislative sessions at the Colorado State Capitol.
- Orchestrated the unification of four regional AIDS project teams in a single unified entity and merged Colorado Health Network with Howard Dental to greatly improve access to oral healthcare.
- University of Colorado Boulder, Bachelor of Science – Political Science & Constitutional Law
- Volunteers personal time and business acumen towards improving health for the vulnerable, at-risk and underserved populations throughout Colorado, including youth, the chronically ill, and Coloradans living with HIV/AIDS.
- Provides training sessions to help non-profits understand the importance of their involvement in state government.
- Educates state legislative staff on the role lobbyists play in the political process.
- Mentors political science students from the University of Colorado.