Prior to joining Michael Best Strategies, Jenise was a special advisor to the speaker in Colorado’s General Assembly, where her primary focuses were budget, appropriations, and special projects. In 2013, she was elected to the Colorado House of Representatives and served on multiple committees including the Finance, Health and Human Services, Joint Budget (as vice chair), Appropriations (as vice chair), and Amendment 64 Use, and Regulation of Marijuana committees.
Jenise’s Expertise: Human Services Program, Regulatory & Budget, and Medicaid
While serving as an elected representative, Jenise achieved a variety of important accomplishments, including working to require community colleges to offer four-year degrees in applied sciences; establishing a statewide child welfare hotline for abused and neglected children; increasing the Taxpayer Bill of Rights (TABOR) reserved to 6%; increasing higher education funding and capping tuition increase; and reducing business property taxes while still increasing K-12 funding.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Deputy Director for the Colorado Department of Human Services
- Regis University, Bachelor of Science – Business & Public Administration
- Timeless Service for Hospice, Colorado Center for Hospice and Palliative Care, 2014
- Legislator of the Year, Leadership in Intellectual Developmental Disabilities Issues, 2014
- Rising Star Award, Colorado Community College System, 2013
- Lifetime of Service and Contribution, Formal Resolution, Colorado State Board of Human Services, 2011
- Governor Award for Leadership “Haitian Orphan Operation,” Governor Bill Ritter Jr., 2010
- Award for Commitment and Tireless Devotion for Vulnerable Children in Colorado, Colorado Department of Human Services, 2009