As a legislative assistant, Therese collaborates with Michael Best Strategies lobbyists to service clients. Among her responsibilities, Therese oversees communication and logistical arrangements, staffs meetings and records minutes, organizes and promotes events, tracks bills, conducts research and distributes reports. Additionally, Therese supports Michael Best Strategies’ operations and marketing teams firm-wide with content creation and project management.
Therese’s Expertise: Advocacy, Project Management, Volunteer Coordination, Social Impact
Prior to joining Michael Best Strategies, Therese conceptualized and launched a non-profit in Flint, Michigan connecting students, researchers, and families to service and the community. While in Flint, Therese also contracted with several local non-profits to provide fundraising and capacity building services in order to advance their organization’s mission, including data analysis and impact tracking. Furthermore, Therese was executive assistant to the CEO of a software company, transactional legal assistant at a franchise law firm and the Microsoft Student Partner at Michigan State University.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Assisted criminal attorney with administrative matters and business development
- Marketing/IT internship with Microsoft while at Michigan State University
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts – Political Science & Psychology
- Little League Softball Coach at Near West Little League
- Mentor in Rehabilitation Program at St. Luke’s New Life Center and New Paths, Inc. AI Program
- Organized clean-up/trash removal of Hubbard Street Mural Project
- Colfax Patrol