As a legislative assistant, Therese collaborates with lobbyists to serve clients by coordinating meetings, distributing reports on committee hearings, recording client meeting minutes, tracking bills, and conducting research. Therese also works for Michael Best & Friedrich as the Denver office’s legal assistant and office administrator.
Therese’s Expertise: Advocacy, Volunteer Coordination, Social Impact, and Project Management
Prior to working for Michael Best Strategies, Therese renovated a building and networked within the community of Flint, Michigan to conceptualize and launch a volunteer center and Alternative Break Program that connects university students, researchers, and families to service and the community. While in Flint, Therese also provided fundraising and administrative support services to several local non-profits. Therese has also worked as the executive assistant to the CEO of a software company, as well as a legal assistant and general office administrator for a franchise law firm in Chicago.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Assisted criminal attorney with administrative matters and business development
- Marketing/IT internship with Microsoft while at Michigan State University
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts – Political Science & Psychology
- Little League Softball Coach at Near West Little League
- Mentor in Rehabilitation Program at St. Luke’s New Life Center and New Paths, Inc. AI Program
- Organized clean-up/trash removal of Hubbard Street Mural Project
- Colfax Patrol