As a partner at Michael Best Strategies, Kristine works with healthcare clients to optimize their business strategy, evaluate potential mergers and expansions, and discover alternate distribution and product strategies. Her experience in the payer, provider, and integrated health system arenas allows her to work with clients to differentiate their products and services in a highly competitive marketplace. She is closely aligned with the insurance agent/broker community and has assisted in creating value for them through expanded marketing efforts, creation of new and differentiated service offerings and business planning. Kristine works with provider organizations to assist with their transition to value-based reimbursement and creation of a sustainable population health management protocol to improve efficiency and patient delivery. She also works closely with healthcare start-ups as they work to obtain financial partners and navigate the healthcare ecosystem.
Kristine’s Expertise: Healthcare Market Development, Business Growth Strategy, Sales & Distribution, and Healthcare Start-ups and Innovation
Kristine was previously the regional vice president of market development in Humana’s commercial markets overseeing the strategy for employer group, wellness, and specialty benefit offerings in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. As part of her role, Kristine focused on driving down medical trend through innovative community partnerships.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Executive Vice President of the Employee Benefit Group at Milwaukee insurance consultant, Willis, formerly HRH and Frank F. Haack & Associates.
- Led sales, operations, underwriting, product development, and compliance for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin.
- Marquette University Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Marquette University, Bachelor of Arts – Communication
- Milwaukee Business Journal – Women of Influence
- Board of Directors, Children’s Service Society of Wisconsin
- Member, Strategic Planning Council for New Berlin Public Schools
- Board of Directors, Junior Achievement
- Mentor, Entrepreneurship, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and New Berlin School District